BPD has integrated SFG20 via API to IBM Maximo making uploading/updating of SFG20 schedules automated, along with Work Order generation and Job Plans via the interface.
In collaboration with the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management (IHEEM), SFG20 has created a set of maintenance task schedules specifically for the healthcare sector that are aligned to the Health Technical Memoranda (HTMs).
HTMs provide guidance and advice on the design, installation and operation of specialised building and engineering technology used in the delivery of healthcare. There are over 100 SFG20 healthcare schedules that have been built on the core elements of SFG20 and the requirements of the HTMs, combining current statutory requirements, industry guidance and best practice, specifically designed for hospitals, NHS Trust, dentists, vets and doctors surgeries. BPD is ensuring compliance with HTMs via its SFG20 integration.
Specific healthcare sets include:
- Medical gases
The healthcare schedules have had technical input and support from Sodexo and have been specifically designed for hospitals, NHS Trusts, dentists, vets and doctors’ surgeries.
IBM Maximo is designed with the flexibility to integrate with other data and platforms, and so SFG20 and HTM data can be integrated
and used within the system. This allows the user to upload pre-defined work schedules, maintenance plans, and other information directly into Maximo. However, to manually update these work schedules takes a lot of effort and resource – this is required on a regular basis due to compliancy.
BPD Zenith’s SFG20 EAM Integration Adaptor not only takes care of the synchronization of your subscribed HTM schedules and plans with your EAM system; it regularly checks to ensure you’re fully up-to-date and compliant with the latest legislation, and updates or creates new Job Tasks where required, allowing automation of Work Orders, Reports and many other processes.
- Schedule a regular ‘update check’ through the SFG20 interface and identify any changes to SFG20 schedules and plans, due to changes in current legislation.
- Maximo Authenticates against the SFG20 API using your subscription details, then makes a request to retrieve the latest information available to your SFG20 account.
- Create new Job Plans in Maximo if they don’t already exist, ready to be used against Maintenance Schedules.
- Response data is processed by Automation Scripts in Maximo and applied to the corresponding Job Plan, or a new job plan is created where they don’t already exist.
- Update existing Job Plans in Maximo using the built-in revision functionality, and notify a predefined group of users about the changes, ready for their approval
- Job Plans are set to Pending Revision or Draft (if new) and sent for review to a predefined set of named users with email notifications.
- Flexibility to manage updates and mappings, all controlled from within your enterprise asset management system.
- No requirement for opening firewall ports or allowing incoming connections.
Here are some of the benefits and enhancements BPD’s SFG20/HTM EAM Integration Adaptor can offer you:
- Automation of manual entry – completely remove the resource requirement to enter your subscribed SFG20 schedules and plans.
- Remove the resource requirement for any future manual checks and updates.
- Avoid any risk of human error due to manual input.
- Standardization/Certification/Compliance ‘built-in’ – data is available and accessible from Maximo as and when required, or through automated scheduled compliance reporting and other analytic tools.
- Flexible and configurable to your business needs and processes.
- Quickly and authoritatively confirms correct maintenance procedures.
- Enables definitive specification-setting for maintenance contracts.
- An unrivalled tool for ensuring legal compliance.
- Provides fast and easy access to essential information
- Saves time
Would you like to know more about current SFG20 / HTMs projects and recent implementations? Click here to get in touch, we’d love to hear from you