DP World Australia
DP World Australia harbours efficiencies with centralised IBM Maximo Asset Management solution and maintenance scheduling
DP World Australia is Australia’s largest container terminal stevedore with a team of more than 2000 people operating in the marine ports of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle. The organisation handles 50.4% of the container volume moving through the country’s ports.
- Adopted an asset management system that was primarily a finance solution
- Limited visibility of spare parts inventory and asset performance across its four sites around the country
- No standard process for data collection and therefore no confidence in the accuracy of KPI reporting
Deployed IBM Maximo, capturing data on all company assets and inventory stocks into a single centralised system.
- Nationalisation of data, allowing the business to synchronise its operations nationwide
- Improved visibility, enabling more cost-effective negotiation with suppliers
- Reduced manual effort and maintenance scheduling is smoother and faster
- Revealed asset performance and risks proactively, helping to increase reliability