Oil and Gas
With a global reliance on energy and a sustained period of low oil prices, the industry must ensure their critical assets are maintained in line with safety, production and legislative requirements, whilst driving down costs. Maximo helps operators to do this and has consistently been the leading EAM software selected by the chemicals and petroleum industry. Maximo for Oil and Gas supports a variety of business processes, allowing customers to achieve a combination of benefits including reduced operating expense, greater productivity, higher service levels, and deferred asset expenditures.
BPD Zenith been helping Oil and Gas operators for almost 20 years during which time we have gained extensive experience of how they do their business. Our experience has been gained with customers of all sizes from small independents to leading multinationals. For all of our clients, we help them to implement solutions which enables them to achieve success sooner, safer and more efficiently.
How do we do this?
Our experience of implementing Maximo for Oil and Gas is second to none, having successfully delivered more than two dozen asset transitions and new assets. BPD Zenith has more proven Maximo experience in the UK Continental Shelf than any other vendor and has worked on maintenance management and supply chain management projects across Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and West Africa.
From this extensive experience, BPD has developed a standardised model for WMS based on tried and tested processes. The solution embeds industry best practices into a set of 50 business process templates that help to accelerate Maximo deployments. Standardising asset management in accordance with best practice is crucial in this industry. With our Maximo Accelerator solution, clients can start using the system out-of-the-box and run their platforms with it. Instead of spending 9-18 months implementing Maximo, we are helping them bring success out of the product sooner and faster. For one client, we saved them $478,000 in labour costs in the first 7 weeks of their implementation.
The overall effect is to provide Oil and Gas companies with a competitive advantage for managing their complex onshore and offshore assets. We achieve this through our innovative Oil and Gas offerings which include:
- Maximo Accelerator solution – 15-20% shorter implementation time for quicker Return on Investment, and early solution delivery for time-critical asset transitions and first oil/gas
- Defined business processes such as management of change, regulatory reporting, permit to work, operators log, downtime reporting, industry codes, and work order tracking
- Mitigated risk through mandatory Risk & Quality Assessments which is prioritised according to HS&E standards
- Improvements to maintenance planning and scheduling to reduce downtime, wastage, backlog, repairs and unused inventory
- User friendly role-based Start Centers to encourage ownership and accountability for individual sections of the work plan
- Workflows to determine the process of day-to-day tasks from the point of work initiation to close-out
- Integrated Manifesting application – enables customers to meet legal requirements for shipping manifests with no additional development work
The Maximo Accelerator solution won the 2015 IBM Beacon Award for Outstanding Software Solution for Service Delivery and Management. BPD Zenith is also IBM Software Group’s only specialist Industry Solution provider for the Chemical and Petroleum industry in the world. As part of BPD’s continued commitment to the industry, we chair the Maximo Oil and Gas Maintenance Managers’ User Forum which runs biannually in Aberdeen for North Sea Maximo users.