1. What is your position at BPD Zenith?
I am the Principal Consultant at BPD Zenith ANZ and my day to day responsibilities include helping the Sales team with proposals, implementing, and upgrading Maximo for the BPD clients and providing guidance on how we can implement solutions effectively. I also assist the Support team with any enquiries they might have.
2. What led you to choose this career path?
I studied IT and have been involved in Support work since 1998. When I was in India, IT was still a fairly new and under-explored industry. I have always enjoyed coding and playing around with IT software. Before joining IBM, I worked with a company in the aviation sector and that role exposed me to asset management, inventory, and maintenance work. Then, once I joined IBM, I decided to venture into Maximo.
3. Which part of your job do you most enjoy?
Scripting and coding. I also enjoy learning new and different ways to script and code.
4. What do you like about working at BPD Zenith?
BPD Zenith has granted me the flexibility and autonomy needed to achieve work-life balance. I am also grateful that both the team and the management are so supportive.
5. What are the values that drive you?
I value providing my clients with innovative and efficient solutions. I also believe that my day to day activities should be centered around activities which create positive and sustainable results for the business in the long run. Not only does this help the business grow but it is also beneficial for my professional growth and development.
6. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
Photography, travelling and gardening.
7. If you were not a Maximo consultant, what alternative career path would you have chosen and why?
Probably a job that would require me to travel a lot as I like travelling and exploring new places.
8. What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
I always feel accomplished when my clients and the management recognize and appreciate my work after a successful outcome. Transitioning from Senior Consultant to Principal Consultant is also another accomplishment of mine.
9. What’s your favorite way to unwind after a busy day?
Listen to music, spend time outside and speak to/visit my parents and friends.
10. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Helping my daughter with her studies and driving her around to various extracurricular activities. I also enjoy gardening on the weekends.