Starting in Maximo 22.214.171.124, you can use the MxLoader tool to quickly and easily upload attachments to any record such as WORKORDER, PO, JOBPLAN etc.
It brings together the power of the Maximo Integration Framework (MIF) and the flexibility of Microsoft Excel allowing to quickly manipulate and import data into any Maximo database.
All you need to do is to add the DOCLINKS object to your Integration Object Structure.
The setup is simple.
On the inbound side:
- Add DOCLINKS to your integration object structure
- In the “Inbound Setting Restrictions” override and unrestrict “ADDINFO” and “URLNAME”
In your MxLoader you MUST:
- Set the value of column “ADDINFO” to 1
- Set the value of column “UPLOAD” to 1
- Set the value of column “URLNAME” to (physical path + file name + extension)
See attached MxLoader as an example.
See the following attachment for the full setup.