1. What is your position at BPD Zenith?
My name is Niru and I am the Financial Controller. My day to day responsibilities include getting up to date with all financial activities.
2. What led you to choose this career path?
I love working with numbers, reconciling, and solving problems so I thought working in accounting would be the best option for me.
3. Which part of your job do you most enjoy?
I enjoy several things. I love composing EOM journals, working with excel and ensuring all my set tasks are completed by the set deadline.
4. What do you like about working at BPD Zenith?
I admire how much the Management team genuinely cares about the employees and the trust they have in us. I also enjoy working with the friendly team and feel very fortunate to be a part of it.
5. What are the values that drive you?
Honesty and accountability. I believe, it is always important to uphold honesty and accountability but especially in my role as I deal with financial and sensitive information.
6. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I enjoy listening to music, reading books, travelling around and spending quality time with my family.
7. If you were not a Financial controller, what alternative career path would you have chosen and why?
When I was completing my studies in University, I was doing volunteer work for a not-for-profit organisation. As part of this work, I used to travel to different schools, take part in their various activities and teach basic life skills to the children. If I were not in Finance, I think I would have opted to do something similar.
8. What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
When I started at BPD Zenith, Financial Restructure Project (FRP) had recently been set up. I was happy to be able to contribute to the success of the initiative by being a part of it.
9. What’s your favorite way to unwind after a busy day?
At the end of a busy day, I love to spend time with my family, have a cup of tea and watch TV.
10. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Besides cooking and cleaning, prior to COVID-19, I used to spend my Saturdays taking my daughter to her extracurricular activities. On Sundays, we usually took daytrips or visited our family and friends.
To read more Meet the Team blogs, visit our blogging page.