1. What is your position at BPD Zenith?
I am a Maximo technical consultant. My day to day activities include supporting our clients with the implementation and maintenance of their applications, primarily IBM Maximo. I also work on DataSplice, a Mobile app integrated with Maximo and more recently I have started working on the infrastructure side of things to support our MaxiCloud offering.
2. What led you to choose this career path?
While at high school, I was intimidated by many of the computer science concepts and so opted for computer science engineering at University and there started my journey in IT.
3. Which part of your job do you most enjoy?
To be able to support clients from diverse domains and to be able to provide solutions to their diverse problem statements whether they be simple or complex.
4. What do you like about working at BPD Zenith?
In addition to showcasing and enhancing our skillsets on the technical front, BPD Zenith provides excellent growth opportunities by encouraging us to take on greater responsibility in our roles.
5. What are the values that drive you?
Personally, I value making sure the clients receive what they want – even if this utilizes a little extra effort. I strive to work with integrity and ensure that I provide value to my clients.
6. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I enjoy being active and engaging in outdoor activities. In the evenings, I will either go for a run, or the gym, or play sports particularly tennis or cricket.
7. If you were not a Maximo consultant, what alternative career path would you have chosen and why?
I would have pursued being a doctor or a physicist as I have always enjoyed and excelled in science and mathematics and have been at the National Science Olympiad.
8. What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
I take pride in helping my clients in any possible way by understanding their problem statements and taking them to resolution. This also includes maintaining and budding healthy relationship with the clients.
9. What’s your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
Asides from engaging in physical activity I also enjoy reading thriller novels.
10. What would be most likely find you doing on the weekend?
During the weekends I like to travel and explore greater Melbourne, New South Wales and South Australia. Also trying my hand at learning foreign languages, Spanish is the start.