1. What is your position at BPD Zenith?
My name is Deepa and I am a Graduate Maximo consultant. I manage support tickets, develop solutions for clients, help with any bug fixes, and assist with any Maximo hiccups that our client’s face.
2. What led you to choose this career path?
Though my undergraduate degree was in Electronics Engineering, after working as a Mainframe developer, I discovered something I’d never known before and loved – IT. This prompted me to pursue my post-graduation in Computer Science and from then on my career in IT just stuck.
3. Which part of your job do you most enjoy?
The diversity of issues and problems that we tackle is a really exciting part of my job. Managing client expectations, making sure the solutions delivered are the best for each one of them can be quite challenging and fulfilling at the same time. Hearing back from them saying you’ve solved their problem is a great satisfaction that comes with this job.
4. What do you like about working at BPD Zenith?
I like the team spirit. This is what has helped me learn a lot of things in Maximo. I am fortunate to work in a wonderful team, where they chime in to possible solutions, put their two cents in, and at times even offer to help you out- whilst managing their work well.
5. What are the values that drive you?
Honesty and diligence are definitely the top two on my list. Ensuring I give my very best to the clients and the company, is very important to me.
6. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I love painting, doodling, sketching and just exploring art. I have moved to digital art as painting can be a messy affair with my son pitching in.
7. If you were not a Maximo consultant, what alternative career path would you have chosen and why?
I’d enjoy digital content creation of some kind.
8. What’s a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
Solving critical issues and making sure that you are able to put a positive spin on the client’s Maximo experience is something I love. There have been a few instances where I’ve been able to do that and it’s a great feeling.
9. What’s your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
I love to cook! Apart from that, music is definitely my go-to after a stressful day.
10. What would we most likely find you doing on the weekend?
Apart from chores, definitely listening to music and watching movies.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, we asked the women in our team to share about their experiences in the IT/asset management space as well as offer advice to women aspiring to join these industries…
1. What would your advice be to women who are just starting out in the IT/asset management industry?
It is a space where women can grow and be successful. There are bound to be hiccups if you’re new but it’s nothing you can’t overcome. Women are very tenacious and it’s not until we push our limits do we realise how strong and resilient we are.
2. Which woman inspires you the most and why?
No one specific, but different women have inspired me during different stages of my life. I am inspired by women who make a positive change in society, women who are fearless in times of adversity and women who have helped so many other women overcome their challenges and rise up.
3. What can be done to encourage and increase the number of female employees in IT and asset management?
We need to break the taboo that asset management and IT is a man’s role and that it’s a difficult industry to work in. Every industry is challenging and difficult in its own way but if you push through and have enough willpower, you can achieve everything that you want to – even in the IT/asset management space.
4. What is your favourite thing about being a woman?
We are so much more versatile and capable than what we give ourselves credit for. My favourite thing about being a woman is the variety of roles we play and the fact that we do it so well! We are stronger than we think.
5. In light of International Women’s Day, what is the most important message you want to send out to young women thinking about their careers?
You can be whatever you want to be – you will have hardships and difficulties but push forward. Don’t give up and success will be yours.
For more Meet the Team pieces, please visit our blogging page.