New features and capabilities will help your organization achieve greater asset management efficiency through improvements in usability, integration, installation, and business intelligence.
What’s New in Maximo 7.6.1?
- Accumulation of all past Feature Packs (up to Maximo 188.8.131.52)! Includes apps like BIM, Budget Monitoring, Asset Depreciation, License Tracking etc.
- Continuing to modernise the User Experience
- Expanded Work Centres (Supervisor, Technician)
- New capability in Inspections – multiple inspection reports – group, define actions against results using automation scripts, have voice guided inspections (hands free using Watson Services)
- Fresh new look and feel to Maximo with new skin, IoT18, is available. The skin is refreshed to align with Work Centres, new KPI colours (green, blue, purple) and new icons.
- Responsive UI – depending on the size of your screen/device, fields will adjust, columns will expand and the text will get larger to use as much real estate on the screen as possible (removes dead white space on RH and makes configuration choices easier)
- Personal Data Management (GDPR) utility
- Integration to IBM’s recently released Equipment Maintenance Assistant – leveraging the power of Watson and AI and putting that information into your technician’s hands to fix repairs right the first time
- Cognos 11.0.11 on premise Entitlement now bundled with license for understanding your Maximo data with BI
- Technical updates with extended automation scripts, improvements to Rest APIs and an upgrade to JDK 1.8. Supporting program updates – Java 8, WAS 9 / WAS Liberty / DB2 11.1 (AWSE)/MMI
- SAP ERP Adapter support for S/4 HANA
Maximo 7.6.1 Upgrade Path
The upgrade to Maximo 7.6.1 from 7.6 is much less complex than some of the historical upgrade paths, but it is more than just applying a Feature Pack. Moving to 7.6.1 will need to be planned out carefully.
Because the database structure and integration code changes have been minimal and it is using the same BIRT report engine, the upgrade shouldn’t affect any other customisation or configuration in the system.
You can continue to use Java 7 but IBM recommends recompiling code to Java 8. You shouldn’t have to recompile all reports but it is a reinstall.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Maximo, you must install Maximo 7.6.1 in a separate location on an administrative workstation that is running a UNIX or Windows operating system. Any Industry Solutions and Add Ons will also need to be installed in new folder.