On 25 June, my colleague Danit Larter and I joined our first WIRAM event – and WIRAM’s first digital event! Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) is a special interest group that is part of the Association...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Software Developer | UK
BPD Zenith is seeking a qualified, motivated and energetic individual who has hands-on experience designing, developing and implementing value added software modules and application integration solutions.
The successful candidate will liaise with clients and consultants to produce function specifications, technical specifications and develop solutions based on those specifications. Solutions will be fully documented, including functional specifications, technical specifications, as-built documentation and test plans. During all stages of development version control procedures must be followed. Travel to client sites for periods of up to two weeks at a time may be required.
- Designing and analysing applications and software programs
- Participation in every part of the software development life cycle
- Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs
- Conducting extensive unit testing of applications and programs
- Determining and analysing program requirements
- 2+ years of software design and development experience using Java, C#, C++ or similar
- Ability to produce concise and well-documented designs and code
- In-depth knowledge of J2EE classes and object-oriented design
- Extensive knowledge of either SQL Server, Oracle or DB2 database environments
- Working knowledge of web services or other integration technologies
- Self-starter who possesses strong troubleshooting and communications skills
Experience in one or more of the following disciplines are a plus:
- Visual Studio.Net and/or Eclipse proficient
- Experience developing web-based mobile solutions (Apple/Android/Blackberry, etc.)
- Experience with IBM’s Maximo application
- Familiar with Actuate, BIRT or Cognos reporting
- Knowledge of enterprise asset and work management processes
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK & International Clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo and associated products.
Negotiable depending on skills and experience
28 February 2021
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...