1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Delivery Manager | UK
Based at BPD’s UK Head Office in Carlisle, the Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that ongoing delivery projects are completed professionally, effectively and in line with client expectations.
The successful candidate will become part of the leadership team within the UK and have the opportunity to drive the way the business is positioned within the diverse EMEA market.
RESPONSIBLE TO: CEO UK and Europe
The Delivery Manager is also responsible for maintaining a strong and positive relationship with new and existing clients, together with helping refine BPD’s already high-quality delivery strategy.
Candidates must have experience managing skilled, multi-disciplined teams, ideally both local and remote workers. Experience of Software Projects is preferred, but not essential.
The Delivery Manager will also be required to visit Clients, onsite team members and attend Events and Forums that BPD are involved with.
To supervise the delivery of ongoing EMEA projects, including:
- Programme management of all projects within the Delivery vertical to ensure that they are running to time and budget
- Managing the pipeline of work within the business, to ensure project resource is aligned with demand
- Promoting and refining delivery procedures, with the necessary coaching/mentoring of the team
- Develop new, and enhance existing relationships with key stakeholders within each of BPD’s clients
- Collect, analyse, and present information to clients on BPD Zenith performance
- To act as an escalation point for client concerns and issues
- Establish strong relationships with both the Sales and Support teams to ensure a holistic client focussed approached is maintained across the business
- Support and facilitate requirements from the Sales and Global Marketing teams for new and upcoming projects.
- Managing the performance of the Delivery team staff by setting goals/objectives and conducting regular performance reviews and annual appraisals
- To help support and facilitate the transition of Delivery projects into Support once complete
- Effective communication throughout the organisation, whether this be briefings to Delivery staff regarding ongoing and upcoming work, or information on new features and enhancements of key hardware/software
- Assisting the Delivery Team with any issues or concerns
- Staff recruitment
- To develop sufficient knowledge and understanding of Maximo to confidently lead, advise and coach new and existing Delivery staff
- Defining, producing and maintaining internal monthly Delivery team statistics and management reports for the attention of the Managing Director
- Management of departmental budgets
- Liaising with senior management
- To keep abreast of all software developments, functional changes, security alerts, best practice and breaking news regarding IBM Maximo, TRIRIGA and other IBM products and services
- Liaise with the Service Desk Manager to log, chase, report and implement internally all client generated Maximo PMRs (Problem Management Requests) with IBM
- To update Delivery template documentation (procedures, guides, system and functional specifications, quality records, templates etc) as and when required
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Successful completion of the 6-month probation period
- Client feedback
- Senior management and Delivery Team feedback
- Annual performance reviews
- Team management/leadership – minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience of establishing good customer focused relationships
- Understanding of project management and ITIL methodologies & software development lifecycles
- Good administrative/organisational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (fluent in English)
- IT literate with an underlying knowledge of multiple operating systems and VMWare etc
- Well organised, self-motivated and able to work unsupervised as an individual or as a team member
- Methodical approach to work with the ability to deliver under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Present information in a clear and concise manner
- Develop positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Professional, courteous and extremely customer focused
- Willingness to continue personal development and training, especially in achievement of IBM Maximo, process improvement and project management methodologies
- Willingness to provide occasional out-of-hours cover, depending on client and / or business requirements
- Experience managing a multi-skilled, diversely located team
- Management or leadership qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of IBM Maximo and/or equivalent solutions
- Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience
- The annual holiday entitlement is 31 days and runs January to December, this is pro-rated depending upon start date for the first year. After 3 years of employment the entitlement increases to 34 days.
- 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Start and finish times may vary according to Client requirements. Normal hours of work are 8.30am – 5.00pm. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Overtime is on an authorised basis only. Arrangements and pay decided and agreed in advance of hours being worked.
- Free on-site car-parking
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a world-class asset & service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK & International clients to realise the integrity, safety & reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo & associated products.
Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Carlisle, Head Office
31 March 2020
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a developer at BPD working out of the Carlisle office (and currently my kitchen). This means I get to work on delivering client work packages from transformational Maximo upgrades, to smaller incremental changes. In...