Manage Inspection Forms Tool
This blog will provide a quick overview and use case of the Manage Inspection Forms Tool. This is part of a series of blogs looking at Work Center functionality and our experience in implementing them.
The Manage Inspection Forms tool is used to create inspection forms that can be used by inspectors to Conduct Inspections. The initial view of this tool is a dashboard showing each inspection form as a card in the Inspection Form Library.
Let’s create an inspection form and review some of the built in functionalities within this tool:
- In the Manage Inspection Forms tool, click Create form.
- Name the form, enter a form type and click Form instructions to add any specific instructions. Click Save.
- Next, click Add Question.
- In the Question field, enter the question you want to add.
- From the Response Fields menu on the left, choose the type of response that you want to add (i.e. if you want the inspector to record the date of the reading, select Date only from Date Entry Response options).
- If you’d like a response to be required, set Required to Yes.
- You could also add an example of the response for inspectors’ reference.
- You have the ability to choose multiple options from the Response Fields menu for a single question. (i.e.: select Meter Readings to record the odometer reading).
- When you have finished adding questions, click “Done”
- To add more questions, click “Add Question” and Click Save to save the inspection form.
To make the inspection form available to inspectors, it is important to change the status of the form to Active.
Adding conditions to inspection forms
Certain conditions can be added to the response fields of existing questions. For example, a question might ask, “Does the fan have any obvious visual defects?” If the response is yes, another question might request to upload pictures of the visual defects.
- Conditions can only be added to responses on existing form questions that are defined as single choice response or characteristic meter readings
- The inspection form must be in Draft or Pending Revision status to be able to add a condition
To add a condition, click “Conditional Settings” icon on the Revision History page
In the Groups and Questions column, select the question you want to add a condition to and click Add Condition.
You could also define whether the selected response field is visible and required. Click Save.
Revising an Inspection form
You can revise active inspection forms to add or change existing information. While the form is in pending revision status, the current active version will be available to be used by the inspectors.
To revise an inspection form, you should click “Create Revision” on the revision history page.
The new revision line will appear in the revision list with a “pending revision” status. Click the pencil icon for the revision line to make the required changes. After the changes have been made, click Save and change the status to Active
Associate Inspection form with specific assets and location
You have the ability to associate the inspection form with specific assets and locations. You could easily do so through the Actions menu in the Assets or Locations application.
Associating inspection forms with work orders
You can associate inspection forms with work orders in the Work Order Tracking application. There are a few possible ways to accomplish this.
- In the Job Details section of the Work Order tab, click the Detail menu in the Inspection Form field to associate an inspection form
- In the Multiple Assets, Locations and CIs section of the Work Order tab, click the Detail menu in the Inspection Form field to select an inspection form
- On the Plans tab, you can associate an inspection form with a child work order in the Children section or a task in the Tasks section.
Next week, we’ll look at some of the functionality in the “Conduct an Inspection” Tool. Stay Tuned!