1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Technical Graduate | UK – Recruiting Now…
We are offering a fantastic opportunity to the right graduate candidates to grow market skills in infrastructure, cloud delivery, product development, services and support. As our business grows so will you, and you will have the opportunity to work within the organisation at a global level.
The roles available are for graduates with a qualification in a numeric or computational subject such as Mathematics, Sciences and Computing/Computer Sciences. We are looking for applicants who will be able to demonstrate their ability through self-paced learning and mentoring to take on a technical role working with the BPD portfolio of solutions and service offerings.
During our graduate programme, you will mix learning, shadowing experienced team members and working on real-world projects, as you build up your knowledge of IBM Maximo and the asset management world. You will spend time working across our Support, Delivery, Product Development, Infrastructure and Business Development teams to learn how our company works and ultimately help identify the best fit for your skills and ambitions.
Your duties and responsibilities will vary as you work across different departments in the company but will include:
- Design software solutions to meet specifications
- Produce maintainable software components that operate as part of a large multi-process system
- Unit test software components to verify behaviour and resilience
- Perform functional testing of the system on a full installation that replicates real world use
- Provide content for functional and technical documentation
- Help peers by sharing expertise
- Apply technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues
- Work independently and in close collaboration with team members
- Analysing and revising software errors to improve programs
- Experience in SQL, Python or similar object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in writing and maintaining software documentation including unit tests
- Familiarity with computer networking including Amazon and Cloud
- A degree in a numeric, computational or science subject
- Proficient at using computers and common software such as word, excel etc.
- A genuine interest in technology (web design, app development, new technologies) and applying this in the real world
- Positive attitude to work with the ability to learn quickly
- Good analytical skills with the perseverance to solve problems
- Take pride in the quality of your work with good attention to detail
- Able to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to plan effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Understand that resolving issues is just as important as building new features
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Eligible to work in the UK
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to: [email protected]
Interview date: Candidates must be available on Thursday 29th September 2022
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional, class-leading, products and services to asset-intensive industries globally. We have offices in the UK, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and the US.
As an IBM Business Partner, BPD Zenith supports both Blue Chip and Mid-Market Businesses, enabling them to realise the benefits of their investment. Our value-added services include Cloud Hosting and Mobility Solutions. We work with a range of clients across diverse industries including Transportation, Facilities Management, Energy and the Public Sector.
Starting Package of £25,000 increasing over time and experience
Hybrid - Homeworking with some travel to Carlisle, Cumbria.
14 September 2022
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a developer at BPD working out of the Carlisle office (and currently my kitchen). This means I get to work on delivering client work packages from transformational Maximo upgrades, to smaller incremental changes. In...