1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Platform Engineer (Global Infrastructure Team) – Recruiting Now…
BPD Zenith is looking for a Platform Engineer to join our Global Infrastructure Team with a passion for working on innovative technologies and driving continuous improvement.
The Global Infrastructure Team are responsible for providing a first-class Cloud Infrastructure for Enterprise Asset Management to our clients around the World.
You will be responsible for managing, fixing, and reinventing the behind-the-scenes processes and tooling used to manage our infrastructure to bring benefits to our internal teams and customers. You will also be working alongside Operations and Engineering teams to deploy new infrastructure and maintain existing infrastructure.
- Support the investigation and adoption of new and emerging cloud architecture practices and technologies
- Review existing infrastructure and practices and identify opportunities for improvement and optimisation
- Simplify and reinvent systems, processes, and toolkits to bring improvements for our internal teams and customers
- Create easily understood documentation for internal development/support/operations/security teams
- Participate in the On-Call rota
- Container orchestration (Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes) [Red Hat OpenShift preferred]
- Scalable architecture and Site reliability engineering (SRE) concepts
- Automated CI/CD processes (e.g. Jenkins) and Database management (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
- Cybersecurity practices and Compliance frameworks (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Networking principles and Environment monitoring and Managing Windows environments
- Serverless architectures
- Object-Oriented Programming (e.g. Python, Java) [Python preferred]
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, etc.) [Terraform preferable]
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) [Ansible preferable]
- Managing Linux environments (Debian-based, Red Hat-based)
- Experience with Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) [AWS preferable]
- Source control (e.g. GitHub) and Issue tracking (e.g. Jira)
Technical Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self Motivated and initiative driven
- Time Management Skills
- Efficient Organisational Skills with the ability to multi-task
- Effective Team player with the ability to work independently where required
Please apply using the link, alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to [email protected]. Please state 'Platform Engineer' as a reference, and include the names and contact details of 2 referees (we will not contact referees without asking your permission first).
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK & International clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo and associated products. An IBM Business Partner, BPD Zenith supports both Blue Chip and mid-market businesses to realise the benefits of their investment; adding value-added services from Cloud Hosting to Mobility Solutions. We are a global company with offices in the UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
BPD provide a complete range of services, solutions and offerings to its clients including:
- Fully Managed Maximo SaaS Solutions (Termed: MaxiCloud)
- IBM Maximo Licensing
- BPD Industry Accelerator Solutions
- On-premise and Cloud-based Maximo Support
- Implementation and Support of Solutions within the Maximo Application Suite (MAS)
- A standalone Asset Health Monitoring Solution called LoveYourAsset (LYA), LYA can also be integrated with any Asset Management System, including Maximo, and provide sophisticated health analysis and dashboarding.
£40 - £60K per annum dependent on experience plus performance related bonus
We will offer you:
- A commitment to your personal development, allowing you to grow with the company
- Training and development to improve your skills
- A professional, friendly, inclusive workplace
- Flexible working options including working from home
Interested? We'd love to hear from you...
10 June 2022
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a developer at BPD working out of the Carlisle office (and currently my kitchen). This means I get to work on delivering client work packages from transformational Maximo upgrades, to smaller incremental changes. In...