Queensland Energy Resources
Queensland Energy Resources improves end-to-end asset management system and significantly reduces internal IT costs with IBM Enterprise Asset Management solutions
Queensland Energy Resources (QER) is an Australian company seeking to address looming shortfalls of conventional transport fuel through sustainable development of Queensland’s rich and well-located kerogen deposits. QER holds mining and other tenement rights to several of the largest and potentially most productive oil shale deposits in Australia.
- Invested heavily in a new industry and was focused on ensuring all aspects of operations are managed to world’s best practice
- Needed access to asset management features available in the latest version of Maximo without business interruption
- Concerned that the upgrade process would be complicated due to data cleansing requirements and that implementing changes to the user interfaces and required integration with other applications might delay the project
Upgraded to the latest version of Maximo software with integrated procure to pay, project planning and contracts managing – assisting it to accurately manage key assets in the QER Technology Demonstration Plant.
- BPD’s Implementation Framework provided a strong roadmap for the project and significantly reduced the risks associated with the upgrade
- End-to-end asset management system has delivered improvements in staff productivity and significant reductions in internal IT costs
- Working to achieve further productivity gains through process automation, including integration with its Permit to Work system