Port Otago sets sail to improved productivity with MaxiCloud solution (IBM Maximo 7.5 in the cloud)
Port Otago Limited (POL) operates a primary deep water, export based container terminal at Port Chalmers in New Zealand’s far south.
- Basic asset management system lacked functionality
- Siloed business systems and non-integration created inefficiencies
- Gaps in data increased effort and added costs
- Lack of a spares inventory system led to ad hoc and uneconomical parts purchasing
- Staff often had to rely on their instincts and experience to formulate lifecycle data decisions
Deployed a cloud-based Maximo solution, providing a cohesive asset management strategy for efficient spare part inventory management and complete visibility over asset performance and maintenance needs. The system is also integrated with POL’s finance system to support unified operations.
- Simplifies IT management with cloud-based software-as-a-service model
- Saves time and costs by streamlining inventory purchasing and management
- Improves reliability and cuts maintenance costs with asset performance reporting
- Moved from reactive to predictive maintenance
- Improved safety and statutory compliance