Drax Power Station
Drax Power Station reduce the cost and boost the efficiency of essential maintenance processes with IBM Enterprise Asset Management solutions
Drax Power Station is the largest, cleanest and most efficient coal-fired power station in the UK. Its six units have a total capacity of approximately 4,000 MW – typically producing enough power to meet 7-8% of the UK’s electricity requirements.
- Outgrown their previous asset management solution’s limited capabilities
- Lack of clear information for the supply chain organisation on stock levels and utilization
- Keeping energy plants running smoothly demands tight control of a wide range of assets
Refreshed its supply chain, asset and work management processes with IBM Maximo solutions (Maximo Work Management System, Scheduler and Health, Safety and Environment Manager modules) – providing clear visibility of stock levels and the historical data needed to forecast requirements.
- Up to £5 million in cost savings forecast
- Maximo is fully integrated into Drax’s business processes
- Optimised stock levels and reduced over-stocking
- Compliant with stringent health and safety regulations
- Boosted efficiency of essential maintenance processes