On 25 June, my colleague Danit Larter and I joined our first WIRAM event – and WIRAM’s first digital event! Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) is a special interest group that is part of the Association...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Delivery Manager | UK
Based at BPD’s UK Head Office in Carlisle, the Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring that ongoing delivery projects are being completed professionally, effectively and in line with Client expectations.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Managing Director
The Delivery Manager is also responsible for maintaining a strong and positive relationship with new and existing clients, together with helping refine BPD’s already high-quality delivery strategy.
Candidates must have experience managing teams or people, ideally both local and remote workers. Experience of Software Projects is preferred, but not essential.
The Delivery Manager will also be required to visit Clients, onsite team members and attend Events and Forums that BPD are involved with.
To supervise the delivery of ongoing EMEA projects, including:
- Ensuring that all projects are running on time and to budget
- Manage the increase or decrease of project resources when required
- Arranging for new and existing staff to be trained in Delivery procedures
- Performing monthly briefings to Delivery staff regarding ongoing and upcoming work
- Onpass information on new features and enhancements of Maximo from IBM to the Delivery Team
- Assisting the Delivery Team with any issues or concerns
- Ensuring that Delivery Projects are resourced correctly and that contract budgets (time, cost and effort) are accurately monitored and controlled
- Establish new and enhance existing relationships with key stakeholders within each of BPD’s clients.
- Managing the performance of the Delivery team staff by setting goals and objectives (tasks, responsibilities, training, personal development etc.) and conducting regular performance reviews and annual appraisals
- Staff recruitment
- To act as an escalation point for client concerns and issues
- To develop sufficient knowledge and understanding of Maximo to confidently lead, advise and coach new and existing Delivery staff
- To positively promote the application of BPD’s Delivery Processes, especially regarding the implementation of Maximo Projects, Enhancements and Consultancy. It is important that the post holder becomes familiar with BPD’s Delivery processes as early as possible, especially those relating to coding standards, test, release and version control
- Defining, producing and maintaining internal monthly Delivery Team statistics and management reports for the attention of the Managing Director
- To conduct regular Reviews for individual clients by collecting, analysing and presenting information about how well the BPD Zenith is performing in relation to set expectations
- Liaising with Senior Management
- Support and facilitate requirements from the Sales and Global Marketing teams for new and upcoming projects.
- To help support and facilitate the movement of Delivery projects into Support once complete
- To keep abreast of all software developments, functional changes, security alerts, best practice and breaking news regarding IBM Maximo, TRIRIGA and other IBM products and services
- Liaise with the Service Desk Manager to log, chase, report and implement internally all client generated Maximo PMRs (Problem Management Requests) with IBM
- To check for new and imminent Maximo versions, hot-fixes and patches and ensure that the BPD Resources are aware of what they are and how they are to be implemented
- To update Delivery Template Documentation (Procedures, Guides, System and Functional Specifications, Quality Records, Templates etc) as and when required
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Successful completion of the 6-month probation period
- Client Feedback
- Senior Management and Delivery Team Feedback
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Bachelor’s degree – minimum 2:1 grade
- Team Management/Leadership – minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience of establishing good customer focused relationships
- Good administrative/organisational skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (fluent in English)
- Strong supervisory & team leader skills
- IT literate with an underlying knowledge of multiple operating systems and VMWare etc
- Honest, reliable and must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Well organised, self-motivated and able to work unsupervised as an individual or as a team member
- Methodical approach to work with the ability to deliver under pressure and achieve deadline
- Present information in a clear and concise manner
- Develop positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Presentable, professional, courteous, polite and extremely customer focused
- Willingness to continue personal development and training, especially in achievement of IBM Maximo, process improvement and Project Management methodologies
- Willingness to provide occasional out-of-hours cover, depending on client and / or business requirements
- Experience managing a diversely located team
- Management or Team Leadership qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of IBM Maximo and/or equivalent solutions
- Understanding of Agile Project Management methodologies & Software Development Lifecycles
- The annual holiday entitlement is 31 days and runs January to December, this is pro-rated depending upon start date for the first year. After 3 years of employment the entitlement increases to 34 days.
- 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Start and finish times may vary according to Client requirements. Normal hours of work are 8.30am – 5.00pm. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Overtime is on an authorised basis only. Arrangements and pay decided and agreed in advance of hours being worked.
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a world-class asset & service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK & International clients to realise the integrity, safety & reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo & associated products.
Negotiable depending on skills and experience
Carlisle, Head Office
31 March 2020
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...