Service Requests Work Center
The Service Request tool is used to create service requests, monitor the status of existing active requests as well as view completed requests. You have the ability to create SRs on your desktop computer, laptop computer, or mobile device.
Here’s a step by step visual guide of how you can add a new Service Request through this tool:
- Specify the request category from a predefined set of categories (If you can’t find a category that would suit your need, you could choose “describe the issue” at the bottom of the page)
- Describe the issue- you could do so by selecting an issue from a pre-defined list of issues related to the chosen category.
- Add a photo or video of the issue, if required. This step is optional.
- Select the location of the issue. You can either search for a location, find the location by scanning a QR code for the location or click the compass icon to use GPS to get a list of locations near you.
- Specify the asset.
- Enter additional details, if required.
- Check the “Urgent Priority” box if required, review the Service Request and click submit request.
As discussed in the Administration Work Center blog, you must be added to the security group template for service requests before you can the access this tool.
Here’s the process of responding to a user problem through work centers and associated tools:
Thank you for joining me over this Work Center blog series, this is the last blog entry, I hope you have enjoyed it!