On 25 June, my colleague Danit Larter and I joined our first WIRAM event – and WIRAM’s first digital event! Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) is a special interest group that is part of the Association...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Support Technician | UK – Recruiting Now…
As a result of continued success and growth, BPD Zenith are recruiting a highly motivated Support Technician to join the Support Services team. Support Technicians are client-facing professionals responsible for the provision of excellent customer service & reliable Root Cause Analysis techniques. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious IT Support Technician to join a growing company at an exciting time...!
Previous knowledge of the IBM Maximo product is desired for the Support Technician role but not essential, as full training will be provided, leading to an IBM Maximo Certification.
- Ensure client requests for support are responded to in accordance with client SLAs
- Effective Root Cause Analysis techniques for troubleshooting incidents, bugs or problems reported by clients.
- Participation in every part of the software development life cycle
- Ensure that solutions are thoroughly tested & documented prior to release to client environments.
- Participate in BPD’s Out of Hours on-call support rota.
- IT literate with an interest in technology and proven experience in IT
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of:
- Enterprise database systems such as MSSQL, Oracle and DB2
- Enterprise OS such as Windows Server and Linux
- Hardware virtualisation and cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Enterprise system architecture and network design patterns
- Modern object orientated languages, particularly Java
- Scripting languages, particularly Python
- Self-starter who possesses strong troubleshooting & communications skills
- Proactive & able to prioritise own workload
- Degree in a numeric or computational subject (or equivalent)
- Desire to learn & take on new challenges
- Proficient English speaker & eligible to work in the UK
- Ability to travel to client sites when required
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This position can be home-based or work out of our head offices near the Lake District in Cumbria.
Please apply using the link, alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Please state 'Support Technician' as a reference, and include the names and contact details of 2 referees (we will not contact referees without asking your permission first).
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a world-class asset and service management company committed to delivering exceptional performance to asset-intensive industries. Providing an unrivalled end-to-end service, we help our UK & International clients to realise the integrity, safety and reliability of their assets using IBM Maximo and associated products. An IBM Business Partner, BPD Zenith supports both Blue Chip and mid-market businesses to realise the benefits of their investment; adding value-added services from Cloud Hosting to Mobility Solutions. We are a global company with offices in the UK, Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
BPD provide a complete range of services, solutions and offerings to its clients including:
- Fully Managed Maximo SaaS Solutions (Termed: MaxiCloud)
- IBM Maximo Licensing
- BPD Industry Accelerator Solutions
- On-premise and Cloud-based Maximo Support
- Implementation and Support of Solutions within the Maximo Application Suite (MAS)
- A standalone Asset Health Monitoring Solution called LoveYourAsset (LYA), LYA can also be integrated with any Asset Management System, including Maximo, and provide sophisticated health analysis and dashboarding.
Negotiable depending on skills & experience
Carlisle, Cumbria/Home Based
31 July 2022
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...