On 25 June, my colleague Danit Larter and I joined our first WIRAM event – and WIRAM’s first digital event! Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) Women in Reliability and Asset Management (WIRAM) is a special interest group that is part of the Association...
We're committed to providing careers at the forefront of Asset Management in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Maximo Technical Consultant I Australia
We are seeking an experienced, confident, self-starter Maximo Technical Consultant to assist us with our Maximo projects and support activities. It is expected that you will have proven experience in Maximo Java / J2EE development work or projects, and that you have at least 3 years Maximo experience across multiple industries. This role is a true consulting role which requires flexibility and willingness to work on client site (when restrictions lift) for extended periods of time.
- installing Maximo and its add-on components
- upgrading Maximo to the latest versions
- reviewing Functional Requirements and developing and delivering technical solutions in Maximo
- educating customers on Maximo's technical features and capabilities
- configuring the Maximo Application using application designer, workflows, and data import facilities
- customising Maximo through Java Class extensions or new Java Classes to meet Customer's needs
- developing interfaces to other systems such as Finance or GIS systems
- writing complex SQL Statements
- using Oracle and SQL Databases and have the requisite skills
- administrative tasks including support logs, timesheets and expenses to support the company’s invoicing and payroll processes
- sharing your learnings by completing post project reports and other reports as required
- preparing technical papers for technical society, conferences, industrial publications and customers
- desire and ability to coach junior team members
- a tertiary qualification
- IBM Maximo V7.6 Deployment Professional Certification, or willing to achieve this within the first 6 months of employment
- A minimum of 3 years Maximo knowledge in V6 and above
- A minimum of 2-3 years Java/J2EE knowledge
- SQL skills and a good working knowledge of relational databases
- Experience working in and with large corporations
- Knowledge of other Maximo Add-Ons, such as Linear, Spatial, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Mobile, ITSM, etc
- Some knowledge of WebSphere
- Experience in using WebServices with Maximo
- Experience with Actuate / BIRT / Cognos report development
- Experience in using Maximo mobility applications
- Ability to travel throughout Australia and potentially internationally if required, including ability to relocate for periods of time e.g. NZ for 12 months should the need arise
- ability to travel regularly (Client work is often delivered on-site over many months)
- a highly motivated approach, with pride in your work and the ability to work unsupervised
- the ability to work as a team player, willing to contribute to improvements to our products and services
- excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- able to undertake police check and unrestricted right to work in Australia
We will offer you:
- A commitment to developing you so you can grow with the company
- Training and development to improve your skills
- Competitive salary package including bonus
- A professional, friendly, inclusive work place
- Flexible working options including working from home
About BPD Zenith:
BPD Zenith is a leading global IBM Premier Partner specialising in Asset Management. With operations in the UK, Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Macau, we provide professional services to global and local Clients.
Negotiable depending on skills and experience
If this sounds like you and you would like more information on the role, please apply through Seek. Please include your CV along with a cover letter outlining why you believe you would be a good fit for this role. The recruitment process will be conducted in line with our Covid Safe Plan.
17 July 2021
Sign up to our free newsletter to explore emerging technologies, industry events and Maximo best practice.
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? I’m currently a Senior Consultant at BPD Zenith but also do a lot of work as an Engineer. 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? I’ve always been interested in...
1. What is your position at BPD Zenith? "I’m a Maximo Consultant at BPD Zenith, Canada." 2. What led you to choose this career path? What alternative career path would you have chosen and why? "This role gives me the opportunity to interact with people on a daily...